Thursday, November 6, 2008


Footprints in the Sand

Footprints in the Sand One night I dreamed I was walking along the beach with the Lord. Many scenes from my life flashed across the sky. In each scene I noticed footprints in the sand. Sometimes there were two sets of footprints, other times there were one set of footprints. This bothered me because I noticed that during the low periods of my life, when I was suffering from anguish, sorrow or defeat, I could see only one set of footprints. So I said to the Lord, "You promised me Lord, that if I followed you, you would walk with me always. But I have noticed that during the most trying periods of my life there have only been one set of footprints in the sand. Why, when I needed you most, you have not been there for me?" The Lord replied, "The times when you have seen only one set of footprints in the sand, is when I carried you."

4 comments:

Hayley Taylor said...

Jess Thank you for starting you blog. This is a great way to keep in touch. I love what you have posted. That is so true.He caries us around more that we will ever know. keep posting love ya

Lisa said...

Hey Jess! my blog is lisamariecarson.blogspot.com so add me and we'll all have to keep in touch. This is kinda fun now everyone is getting their up and going. :] love ya

Lisa said...

k so i just commented and didnt read that story and then i just did It was totally what I needed today thanks :]

♥The Taylors said...

Hey you! We were just in Richfield, but didn't have enough time to catch up, so next time for sure. We miss you and can't wait to see you all again!